Aballonian CR 8
This insectile construct skitters around on metallic legs, its manipulators clacking and glowing eyes searching.
DEFENSE HP 115
EAC 20; KAC 21
Fort +9; Ref +9; Will +13
Defensive Abilities deflector screen, DR 5/adamantine; Immunities construct traits
Weaknesses sunlight dependency
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee 2 claws +16 (1d12+14 plus grab)
Offensive Abilities electrostunner
Str +6; Dex +2; Con -; Int +4; Wis +0; Cha +0
Skills Acrobatics +21, Computers +16, Engineering +21, Physical Science +16, Stealth +21
Languages Common; shortwave 100 ft.
Other Abilities rapid rebuild, rebuild, solar cell
Deflector Screen (Su)
A mythic aballonian is surrounded by an aura of deflective force that grants it a +4 deflection bonus to EAC and a +2 bonus on saving throws against bursts, rays, and line-shaped effects, while also protecting it with a constant entropic shield.
Rapid Rebuild (Ex)
Once per encounter, an aballonian can exchange one of its existing abilities for a different ability as a full-round action.
Aballonian machines are capable of improving and adapting their designs. Each aballonian starts out with one of the abilities listed below. For every two additional abilities it possesses, its CR increases by +1. Aballonians may adapt of their own volition, but it takes 1 day to add each additional ability beyond the first, and they must also possess the rare materials necessary to make such improvements. An ability can only be gained once unless stated otherwise.
- Gain a plasma cutter that deals 1d6 points of fire damage on a melee attack.
- Gain advanced treads that increase base speed to 60 feet.
- Modify chassis to gain a burrow, climb, or swim speed of 60 feet. This ability may be taken multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time it is taken, it applies to a new movement type.
- Add a radar dish that grants blindsight 120 feet.
- Gain an additional claw or slam melee attack (1d6 damage).
- Lengthen arms to extend reach by 5 feet.
- Add armor plating to gain a +4 natural armor bonus to KAC.
- Harden systems to gain resistance 10 against a single energy type (acid, cold, electricity, or fire). This ability may be taken multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time it is taken, it applies to a new energy type.
- A creature struck by an aballonian’s spark is stunned for 1 round. A creature succeeding on a DC 18 Fortitude is staggered for 1 round instead. A creature with electricity resistance or immunity that prevents damage from the spark is normally immune to this effect.
An aballonian can communicate with nearby aballonians via invisible waves. This functions as telepathy 100 ft., but only with other aballonians. In combat, if any allied aballonians within range can act in a surprise round, all of them can.
Solar Cell (Ex)
An aballonian can store up to one hour of solar energy in its reserve cells, allowing it to ignore its sunlight dependency for that duration.
As a standard action, an aballonian can launch an arc of electricity at a nearby creature. This attack has a range of 20 feet with no range increment. In addition, whenever an aballonian makes a check to maintain a grapple, it can use its spark attack against the creature it is grappling as a free action.
Sunlight Dependency (Ex)
Aballonians gain their energy from light. In areas of darkness, they gain the sickened condition.
Organization solitary, pair, or network (3–6)
Alien Bestiary (Starfinder) © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer: Jason Nelson. Authors: Anthony Adam, Kate Baker, John Bennet, Eytan Bernstein, Robert Brookes, Russ Brown, Duan Byrd, Jeff Dahl, Robyn Fields, Joel Flank, Matt Goodall, Robert J. Grady, Jim Groves, Steven T. Helt, Thurston Hillman, Tim Hitchcock, Nick Hite, Daniel Hunt, Mike Kimmel Marshall, Isabelle Lee, Jeff Lee, Lyz Liddell, Jason Nelson, Richard Pett, Tom Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Wendall Roy, Mike Shel, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Russ Taylor, Rachel Ventura, Mike Welham, George Loki Williams, Scott Young.