Early Stage Barathu CR 2
EAC 13; KAC 14
Fort +3; Ref +1; Will +7
Defensive Abilities amorphous
Speed fly 30 ft. (Ex, average)
Melee slam +8 (1d4+3 B)
Str +1; Dex +0; Con +2; Int +1; Wis +4; Cha +0
Skills Acrobatics +13, Diplomacy +8, Life Science +8, Sense Motive +13
Languages One additional, Common; limited telepathy 30 ft.
Other Abilities along for the ride, early stage adaptation
Along for the Ride (Ex)
Early stage barathus are not experienced enough to helpfully combine with mature barathus but can still physically merge with them for protection. An early stage barathu can combine with a mature barathu via the latter’s combine ability. Early stage barathus that are part of a combined creature contribute their Hit Points but not adaptations.
Early Stage Adaptation (Ex)
An early stage barathu’s body is mutable and can adapt to many different situations. Once every 1d4 rounds as a swift action, an early stage barathu can reshape its body and adjust its chemistry to gain one of the following qualities. The adaptation lasts until the beginning of the early stage barathu’s next turn. Unlike more mature barathus, early stage barathus are not generally capable of more complex adaptations.
- Upper limb refinements enable the barathu to add an additional amount of damage to melee attacks equal to its Strength modifier.
- A toughened dermal layer grants its a +1 racial bonus to AC.
- Developed lower limbs grant it a base speed of 15 feet.
- Molecular-level modifications grant it resistance 2 against a single energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic).
- Elongated limbs extend its reach to 10 feet.
Environment any sky
Organization solitary or herd (4–12 plus 2–5 barathus)
Starfinder Alien Archive © 2017, Paizo Inc.; Authors: John Compton, Adam Daigle, Crystal Frasier, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Jason Keeley, Jon Keith, Steve Kenson, Isabelle Lee, Lyz Liddell, Robert G. McCreary, Mark Moreland, Joe Pasini, F. Wesley Schneider, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, and Josh Vogt.